Note: The information gathered is based on a trail run and is accurate to the best of my ability. See the note below the elevation chart pertaining to the accuracy of the elevation chart mileage. Content was adjusted to correct for my “detour”.
Approximately 9.0 miles
Will need a shuttle, or you can ride/run back
Intermediate- There are areas with steep exposure along the trail
Gibson Jack to Cusick Creek- This route has an easier elevation gain at the beginning: ~1,000 ft in 5.5 miles. Cusick Creek to Gibson Jack ~1,200 ft in 3.5 miles.
Directions to Gibson Jack Trailhead:
Take Bannock Highway to Gibson Jack Road
Go to the end of Gibson Jack Road and Park at the Trailhead
Directions to Cusick Creek Trailhead –
Take South Grant, pass Church and pass entry to Lower City Creek parking
Take first right after the Lower City Creek parking
Follow road and turn left, before womens prison and follow road to the end.
Sterling Justice trail, Gibson Jack to Cusick Creek
1. Go approximately .75 miles and turn right on the trail – the following marker is visible
2. Enjoy the hike for many miles of panoramic views
A 2012 Pedalfest gear on a stump will be visible at ~ 7.15 miles
3. A gate will be at ~7.3 miles The trail will now become part of Cusick Creek. Head on down the trail.
5. At approximately 8.3 miles there will be a fork in the trail.
Go left and cross the stream.
It will turn into double track and take you to the Cusick Creek Trail head
Cusick Creek to Gibson Jack Directions
1. Hit the trail on double track
2. At approximately 0.7 miles cross Cusick Creek and veer to the right
A path will go to the right going to Over the Top at ~1.5 miles, keep going straight – don’t cross the bridge
3. At ~1.7 miles there will be a “gate” on the left – turn here and cross over
4. Enjoy the hike for many miles – the path is well marked
At ~8.25 miles the trail will connect with Gibson Jack
Hope you enjoyed this fantastic new trail brought to you by our local volunteers and coordinators.